West Side School,
sometimes referred to as the Trion Colored School, was located west of
Trion on Dry Valley Road. The school was in operation at least as
early as 1895 and continued until the 1966 integration of Trion schools.
West Side High School Class of 1946 included, from left to right,
Willie Ruth Martin, Clemmie M. Adams, Mildred Shropshire, Harper
Battey, Catherine Martin, and Dorothy Adams. This photograph was
made on May 22, 1946.
Charles Rembert was the West Side School principal during the 1941 to 1946 school years.
Edith Rembert was the Home Economics teacher during the school years 1941 through 1946.
Later, Virginia Shropshire was the West Side School principal for many years.
Photographs courtesy of Clemmie Black. School history from Robert Baker's Chattooga: The Story of A County And Its People.